Fan created Ages
Since 2007-2008 more and more fan created Ages have become available. Some of them are simple and experimental only, some of them are beautiful small gems to explore and see, some of them are interactive ones with puzzles. These Ages can be downloaded and embedded into the offline TPOTS. The simplest way is to install and use the user-friendly Drizzle toolkit. It will install the mandatory offline KI, too. Manual download of the ages in zipped form is possible from the Deep Island UAM database (install manually only if you know what you are doing!).
A gallery of fan created ages with screenshots is available here (Probably more fresh than this list). An older version of the gallery is downloadable in pdf format with brief descriptions and links to walkthroughs (if any) from here.
From 2010 the online Uru is available at independent public shards as well. For the time being, the Gehn Shard, the Open Cave Shard and the Minkata Test Shard are available (check at Open source shard list). The most important is that besides Cyan's "official" Ages the majority of the fan created ages are also available for online playing. To get more about how to install different shards: here
The meaning of the small icons:
Click or tap to open pop-up images
Simple graphics/texture. Just explore with no or minimal interactivity (open door, use elevator)
Journal(s) to read (IC history of the Age, explorers' journal, addenda to the D'ni history or people, etc.)
One or more puzzles to solve.
Have fun alone or with your friends! (Usually not classical D'ni Ages.)
This Age has been created with educational purposes in mind, usually not Uru-related.
The place is somewhere in the D'ni cavern.
Two or icons mean more long or serious journals to read or complex puzzles to solve.
More than one icons mean that the Age has a very good graphics quality (using vertex shading, etc.)
(The use of these multiple icons is a bit subjective, I admit. See here)
ver. March 20, 2022
- Abysos An abandoned wreck.
- Adrael The Age of a mysteriously perished civilization. Try to reveal the fate of a disappeared explorer. Available through the DRA office. (One of the best fan Ages so far.) Walkthrough
- Aerie A beautiful gallery of classical paintings in a house surrounded by nice flowers. A melancholy place on a little island.
- Age Maps Gallery A previously unknown place in the D'ni cavern. A few halls with large maps at the shore of the Great lake.
- Ahra Pahts A vast city with 150 shells (districts), which are available to Age Builders. Several shells already contain interesting buildings or open up the way to interesting fan fiction places. Ahra Pahts at the GoW site.
- Ahreesen Melin A stormy mesa in an unstable Age. Start the energy collector and stabilize the Age.
- Ahreeuhtahv A mountain lake with an island.
- Ahrkane Secret doors, rotating benches and shelves... find your way through the passages.
- Andy's Nexus An alternative starting point for all MOUL and Myst V Ages.
- Atlantis Outpost An early experimental Age.
- Aquh A memorial Age of late Uru explorers.
- Ashream Have you find all of the colourful banners and cloths? Their patterns conceal the secret of Eye of Shaldor.
- Backgammon Age Go and play backgammon with your buddies.
- Beach House A lonely residence in a lonely island with shell related puzzles (second Age of the Elonin → Beach House → Cafe → Tsameti journey).
- Bimevi A small but gorgeous garden Age, worth visiting.
- Bowling Age A rather simple but funny Age. Be a living bowling ball!
- Botan A small Age with weird indigenous plants and a sauna cabin.
- Box Age An early created but nice place in the moonlight.
- Cafe Resting place in the middle of nowhere. Find the lost linking book to Tsameti as well as a new Relto page (third Age of the Elonin → Beach House → Cafe → Tsameti journey).
- Cathedral Age A sumptuous cathedral with many naves, aisles, halls, galleries and gorgeous stained glasses as well as with evil doors. Walkthrough
- Cass (Tochoortahv) A tiny but nice anteroom of a probably bigger place. Backstory
- Chamassa Just explore in and around the city.
- Checker Age Go and play checker with your buddies.
- Chloe's Hood Office A cosy little study. Read about the explorers' field work in Eder Licinius.
- Cidoirep Great! If you like chemistry roam about in the periodic table... erm... periodic maze of the chemical elements.
- Crater Concept You may want to explore the crater, to swim in the underground lake and to find the secret room.
- Cretaceous and Cretaceous Park Take a trip to the Cretaceous geological period of the Earth Age and have a look on tricerotops, tyrannosaurus and other dinosaurs.
- Crowthistle Ages Not fan Ages but Cyan created worlds. These two worlds are found in the CD supplement of the book of Cecilia Dart-Thornton: Crowthistle Chronicles - The Well of Tears and can be imported into Uru.
- The Great Marsh Take a tour and explore the mazelike village in the marsh.
- Rowan Green A breathtaking mountain village between two waterfalls in the sunset. A masterpiece.
- Devokan Several Ages are interlaced in the subtle story of Devokan (a fan fiction). You should pay a visit to Ahra Pahts shell 415, Neolbah, Skysong, Serene, read the explorers' journals there and probe into the Devokan topics of the forums. What is the Celestial Clock? Speculations about an ancient Tardis... and much more.
- D'ni Temple Don't miss to visit this notable tiny temple.
- DRA Office The D'ni Research Association is a new organization dedicated to the exploration of the one-time D'ni realm. It's office is the starting point for other Ages.
- Dragon's Tooth Take a lesson in geology: geological time scale of the Earth Age and Wegener's continental drift theory (perhaps the ancient Ronay people wrote it into the Book of Earth...)
- Dream A simple age, but... uh, whimsical and weird!
- Duck Knee Skydiving Club Jump or step into the gravitational well... For more fun, take your friends with you!
- Eder Bahvanin A small garden Age, just go and explore.
- Edereden A lot of mechanical puzzles, coded switch boards and mazes until you find your way to the secret gardens under the rainbow. (Last part The Secret of the Rainbow series: Shorah Pahts, Lonirvan, Tentsahveet, Somahoglan and Edereden.)
- Eder Licinius A garden Age with a plaza on the hillside and a cave. Linking Book to Chloe's Hood Office.
- Eder Rilteh A walkway above the valley with a few strange plants.
- Eder Taygahn or The Garden of Love, was used for special ceremonies – weddings especially. The first Garden Age on a not Earth-type planet.
- Eder Tomahn A nice remake of the Eder Tomahn (D'ni way station) and the Great Shaft (Crescent) with a pub and guest room added.
- Eh'ko A tiny but very atmospheric Age, a barren valley with excellent textures.
- Elodea A huge and immersive place with four Ages and many journey cloths to explore. It would be a 1st class playing area with better quality textures and vertex shading. Walkthrough
- Elonin (Loft) Underground apartmants and garden domes. Find the linking book to the Beach House (first Age of the Elonin → Beach House → Cafe → Tsameti journey).
- Elsewhere An underworld, a cave system. After struggling with closed doors and green buttons I gave up.
- Enobmort If you are a fan of 3D mazes, explore it.
- Eocen Visit an active vulcano and lava caves in the Eocen geological period of the Earth.
- ERC Age A small lake with a bridge, mounds and waterfalls between the mountains under the spooky green sky.
- Fahets A beautiful small garden Age with odd plants. Backstory
- Fehnir's House A D'ni house with a corpse and two journals in the cavern.
- Fens A huge and very atmospheric swamp with odd flora and fauna.
- Gairdin Grianmhar An edifice with spiralling walkways.
- Galamay Explore the hollow pinnacle.
- Gavster A gloomy and macabre age with a touch of surrealistic feeling. Explore te cave and find the hidden treasures of the pirates.
- The Hallway At its name suggests, a simple hallway and corridors with rooms to peep in, with simple tasks for kids.
- Hayal Cartoonlike floating islands.
- Hui Slide in the sky! Huiiii!
- Iceworld An icy world, but you'll get warm till you get out from the house.
- Janga A lot of to explore there, read the explorers' journals. One of the oldest interactive Ages.
- Jo'nae Hood Explore the cave city, disable the laser barriers and find the ship. One of the oldest interactive Ages.
- Kaelis' Pub Office A recently restored establishment in Ae'gura with repaired imagers.
- Kato's Laboratory An early experimental Age.
- Kinnekulle It is a geographical model of a quarry at Kinnekulle mountain, Sweden. You can learn a bit about Cambrian fossils, limestone and sediments. (Some notes are in Swedish, so read the walkthrough from Dusty's list)
- Llantern A beautiful cove and a cabin in the sunset, an ideal place for a quiet week-end. There is a cave nearby, not open to visitors for the time being.
- Lohdehvis Advance to the antechamber of cube. Grr...
- Lonirvan Lonirvan is a real challenge with its 9 levels of puzzles and a beast to overcome. (Part of The Secret of the Rainbow series: Shorah Pahts, Lonirvan, Tentsahveet, Somahoglan and Edereden.)
- The Lost Stonehenge Stonehenge on the reefs of space.
- Matte A simple Age written for kids to practice numbers while crossing the river.
- Maw If you liked island hopping at Relto, you'll like Maw, too. Explore the 4 caves by jumping from pillar to pillar.
- Moysenland Hear the message and explore the land.
- Myst Refugee You may have a rest in this well-known place, Myst by night. By the way, don't forget to open the safe. (Third part of the Path of the Lost Ages series, along with Palamary Bay, Peridia and The Ruins of Azmar.) (Some help)
- Neolbah You can found here several journals and letters to read and an imager and laptop with images to see. In one journal there is ample material about Devokan.
- Nilodnam A mazelike gallery of pictures from the fan Ages.
- Niveerah One of the first Ages with good quality textures. Unfortunately, Eddie is broken in the newer version, so install the older one if you want to play with him in the valleys.
- Noidrocca Explore, if you like the endless mazes.
- Odema A cute mushroom house surrounded by swaying tall grass in the forest.
- Oolbahnneea Cross the lava river, enter the maze and explore the tomb and the secret doors.
- Ordovician Visit an Ordovocian ocean park 458 millions years ago and dive in the prehistoric ocean.
- Paahkweh A floating island with a nice hidden room inside.
- Pakin Ice and snow... A frozen wasteland to go and see and read the story of its exploration.
- Palamary Bay A big and subtle Age with towers, caves, beach houses, ships, closed doors, etc., much to see and explore. Loosely connected with the original Myst storyline. If you like to solve (over)complicated puzzles, this is for you. (First part of the Path of the Lost Ages series, along with Peridia, Myst Refuge and The Ruins of Azmar.) (Some help)
- Paper Pagodas Interesting idea. Swim and visit the three tower islands in the blue see.
- Peridia Floating islands in the dark space. (Second part of the Path of the Lost Ages series, along with Palamary Bay, Myst Refugee and the Ruins of Azmar.) (Some help)
- Prad If you have nerves of steel, you may try and get the ring!
- Pre-Swaltu Acrobatics and exploration in a celestial edifice.
- Rahsoo B'ahrotan There is a farm in the maze-like canyon. Read the journal and find the hidden way to the underground.
- ReGahlpo A simple Age written for kids to practice how to create geometric shapes from blocks.
- Relativity Gorgeous! Go and explore this fantastic house of Escher!.
- Rell-too An interesting Age with huge spiralling pinnacles under the lilac sky. Climb and discover, with a few puzzles.
- Relto pages
- Fountain (Found in the Cafe Age.)
- Jack O'Lantern
- Keg of D'ni Lake Water
- Megalith (Reward in The Lost Stonehenge Age.)
- Riven (Moiety) Dagger (Reward in the R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn Age.)
- Ye Old Privy
- Ria Different simple worlds in four spheres.
- R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn Find the lost Linking Book: overcome coded doors, find journeys, beware the Cave of Darkness, avoid snakes - a thrilling adventure.
- Ruins of Azmar A dark and gloomy place. Look for gold! (Fourth part of the Path of the Lost Ages series, along with Palamary Bay, Peridia and Myst Refugee.) (Some help)
- Serene Take a walk in the peaceful snowfall.
- Sethal Gahmarin A barren island. A simple experimental Age.
- Sev Bree A simple experimental Age.
- Sev Fah A simple experimental Age.
- Sev Sen A simple experimental Age.
- Sev Tor A simple experimental Age.
- Shinelight Manor Solve the puzzle of the paintings to get clues for Zefora. You have to pay a visit to Zefora.
- Sholek's Temple Enter the impressive cave-temple and read the journal to learn a taste of D'ni history.
- Shorah Pahts Start the solar energy panels and discover this labyrinthine Age. (First part The Secret of the Rainbow series: Shorah Pahts, Lonirvan, Tentsahveet, Somahoglan and Edereden.)
- Skysong A room floating in the space somewhere, sometime. You cannot access it directly, you have to get involved in the Devokan story.
- Somahoglan Up, up the tower! But you have to deal with flowers, animals, mazes... (Part of The Secret of the Rainbow series: Shorah Pahts, Lonirvan, Tentsahveet, Somahoglan and Edereden.)
- Somewhere A huge Age to explore, with many hidden places, caves, mountain paths, cable car. It would be a great place with better quality textures.
- Sonavio A well-made Age with outdoor and indoor activities. Discover the analysis room and the mine, solve the puzzles.
- Soundgarden Testing area of different footstep sounds.
- Spiro A simple spiral rock formation.
- Sprite Gallery Geometry lesson in the middle of nowhere.
- Tahm Hehvo A small green valley between high rock walls.
- Takla Makan A desert Age with pyramids, temples, ruins and secret tunnels and of course, several puzzles. One of the oldest fan Ages.
- Tehr'Dovah A nice and peaceful Asian village at a lake in the sunset A pleasant place to have a walk.
- Tentsahveet Explore this age only if you like to map the maze of chasms in order to find codes and linking totems. (Part of The Secret of the Rainbow series: Shorah Pahts, Lonirvan, Tentsahveet, Somahoglan and Edereden.)
- Tiam An underground family Age with several rooms and spiralling corridors and combination locks.
- TINA Testing Area and Secret Age a.k.a. Testing In the Null Ages. A useful place for Age Writers.
- Terrati Labs Explore the building and the tunnels. Beware, the elevators are missing!.
- Tochoortahv Cass
- Torilacha Explore the branched tunnels and a small valley (book in French)
- Toroolbah This tiny place was probably the office of the writer of Bimevi, Fens and Maw.
- Tovaht A very nice Age. While enjoying the luxory self-catering apartments don't forget to solve the riddle of the way to home.
- Tre'bivdil An odd artificial island made of sandstone cubes under the hot sun in the middle of the sea.
- Tsameti A place belonging to the Guild of Artists with water problems owing to a pump. (fourth Age of the Elonin → Beach House → Cafe → Tsameti journey).
- Tsoidahl Prad This Age strongly resembles to the D'ni Cavern and was probably a fire marble production site. The Age is available only through Zefora.
- Tsoidahl Sheegahtee Explore the maze to get to the huge green crystal.
- Tunnel Demo Explore the hydroelectric power plant. Beware in the turbine pit!
- Turtle Isle Explore the huge area, find the 7 turtle journey cloths and reach the concert hall. You might spend several hours here.
- Tyndior A simple experimental Age.
- stormy T'vel Explore three rocky islands and find the hidden tarn.
- Ulteemah Explore the underground and the surface.
- Vaiskor A barren island. An early experimental Age.
- Vaiskor 2 Find and explore the secret rooms under the world.
- Vogokh Oglahn An abandoned stormy D'ni Age obscured by greenish fog.
- Vothol Gallery Don't miss to explore this wonderful place. Located on one of the private islands of the Great D'ni Lake, it was probably the property of the Guild of Writers.
- Walking Maze Find your way through this gloomy 3D maze, where only sound signals and arrows help you to get to a well known book.
- Wianeroy A barren desert Age with an edifice and some puzzles.
- Wind River Wyoming in the Cretaceous period.
- Writers' Niche It was probably an ancient culture complex and educational centre, now restored for public use.
- Yedahna A small Age, obviously it is of religious and ritual significance.
- Zefora A strange building in the middle of the sea. Find the way to night Zefora. To solve the Age you have to pay a visit to Shinelight Manor.
- Zephyr Cove (day and night) A pleasant beach with foaming sea. Find and explore the cave of crystals. Guide
Suggestions, corrections are welcome: Norfren
– Please feel free to add a link from your site to this page, but send me a note, please.
Maintained with the Editpad Pro
editor, optimized for the Firefox
, Chrome and Safari browsers